Definition of Service man
1. Noun. A skilled worker whose job is to repair things.
Specialized synonyms: Auto-mechanic, Automobile Mechanic, Car-mechanic, Grease Monkey, Mechanic, Handyman, Jack Of All Trades, Odd-job Man, Trouble Shooter, Troubleshooter
Generic synonyms: Fixer, Mender, Repairer
Service Man Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Service Man Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Service Man
Literary usage of Service man
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Invasion of the Crimea: Its Origin, and an Account of Its Progress Down by Alexander Kinglake (1877)
"... service man. bearer was commanded to fire into her sides, in order—as the naval ... service man."
2. Correspondence of Henry Taylor by Henry Taylor, Edward Dowden (1888)
"Mention to the author of ' Jurisprudence' the following: I was walking by Black Gang Chine, and saw a Preventive service man, very handsome, with a fierce, ..."
3. The British Fleet: The Growth, Achievements and Duties of the Navy of the Empire by Charles Napier Robinson (1894)
"It is not, indeed, until we come to the Elizabethan period that we find seamen-captains PREVENTIVE service man, 1829. (Heath. ..."
4. Advertising as a Vocation by Frederick James Allen (1919)
"The service man prepares the way for soliciting. He goes out in a locality to interest business men in advertising in general. ..."
5. War Memories by Frank Alexander Holden (1922)
"... service man IT was not until we were at sea, well on our way across the Atlantic, that we really began to think and wonder. ..."
6. Merchandising by John B. Swinney (1917)
"The credit man as a service man.—The next point of contact with the retailer will come thru the credit department of the jobbing house. ..."