Definition of Sewer main
1. Noun. A main in a sewage system.
Generic synonyms: Main
Group relationships: Sewage System, Sewage Works, Sewer System
Sewer Main Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sewer Main Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sewer Main
sewer main (current term)
Literary usage of Sewer main
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on the Law Relating to the Pollution & Obstruction of by Clement Higgins (1877)
"... Counters Creek Sewer (main line, west and east branches and Kensington branch); Sewer to the Metropolitan Sewage Manure Works; Millman's Row Sewer; ..."
2. Architectural Drawing for Secondary Schools by Ralph Flagg Windoes, Harvey Blaine Campbell (1917)
"For sewerage, a 4" soil pipe extends from the basement, where it is connected with the sewer main, cesspool, or septic tank, up through the roof. ..."
3. Alternative Wastewater Collection Systems Manual (1994)
"To minimize damage to the pressure sewer main caused by subsequent ... Some jurisdictions require that no joints be used in the sewer main within 3 m (10 ..."
4. The Engineering Index by John Butler Johnson, Henry Harrison Suplee, Johannes H. Cuntz, Charles Buxton Going (1896)
"SEWER. Main Relief Sewer of Brooklyn. Description of this large work, with account of various expedients used In different work, ..."
5. Report by Pennsylvania Dept. of Health, Panama Canal (Panama), Health Dept (1909)
"In this street it is proposed to build a fifteen inch sewer main from the site of the proposed sewage disposal plant on the banks of the river at the mouth ..."
6. Worker Deaths in Confined Spaces: A Summary of Surveillance Findings and edited by Thomas R. Bender (1996)
"Access into the sewer main was provided by a diversion gate chamber located below a concrete drive area in an underground parking garage for a large ..."
7. Small Community Water and Wastewater Treatment: Summary Report by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"PROCESS DESCRIPTION The components of pressure sewer systems may be subdivided into the sewer main components and onsite system components. ..."