2. Noun. (vulgar) A very unkempt dirty place ¹
3. Noun. (vulgar) The anus ¹
4. Noun. (vulgar) An unpleasant person or place. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Shithole
1. a filthy place [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Shithole Images
Literary usage of Shithole
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. 54 by Wu Ming (2005)
"Now it was a complete shithole over there. Kill kill, slaughter slaughter, fuck fuck. The ideal conditions to prosper in. ..."
2. Eastern Standard Tribe by Cory Doctorow (2005)
"I have wished for a comm a hundred thousand times an hour since they stuck me in this shithole, and now that I have one, I don't know who to call. ..."
3. Surviving Twilight by Shane A. Bernskoetter (2005)
"We had an enemy sniper pinning some of us down when we were moving through a little shithole of a town in Afghanistan. The guy was good; I'll give him that. ..."
4. Seraphim Trilogy Book One; What the Herald Angel Sang by Teralee E. M. Bird (2004)
"... ever found out what we know, they'd call in th' big guns and they'd call in the US feds an this whole thing'd get buried deeper' na shithole in China. ..."