Definition of Shrink-wrapped
1. Adjective. Contained in, for protection or shipping, a conforming plastic film that reduces in size during application to tightly hold the item. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Shrink-wrapped Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shrink-wrapped
Literary usage of Shrink-wrapped
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Computer Virus Survival Guide by David Stang (1991)
"Remember that any local dealer who accepts software returns may own a shrink-wrap machine, and inadvertently sell you a shrink-wrapped virus. ..."
2. Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S. Economy: Report of a Symposium by Dale Weldeau Jorgenson, Charles W. Wessner (2006)
"Custom and own-account software are not as easy to measure as is shrink- wrapped, something reflected in the fact that price information on both of these ..."
3. Computer Viruses by David J. Stang (1991)
"Remember that any local dealer who accepts software returns may own a shrink-wrap machine, and inadvertently sell you a shrink- wrapped virus. ..."
4. Dissemination by Design: Reaching the Elderly With Information by Stephanie Karsten, Dale Kasab (1991)
"Offer shrink-wrapped materials. Save the cost of producing notebooks, inserting materials into notebooks, and shipping notebooks by producing shrink-wrapped ..."
5. Secure Communications: Tuesday, February 11, 1997 edited by Vernon J. Ehlers (1998)
"8O5 In recent years, a few viruses have been distributed with shareware, but we have also seen many viruses distributed in shrink-wrapped programs. ..."
6. Guide to Understanding Trusted Distribution in Trusted Systems by James N. Menendez (1995)
"If the shrink- wrapped seal is broken, this is an indication that the product being shipped has been tampered with. Not only is shrink wrapping used for the ..."