Definition of Signals intelligence
1. Noun. Intelligence information gathered from communications intelligence or electronics intelligence or telemetry intelligence.
Generic synonyms: Intelligence, Intelligence Activity, Intelligence Operation
Specialized synonyms: Electronics Intelligence, Elint, Comint, Communications Intelligence, Telemetry Intelligence, Telint
Signals Intelligence Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Signals Intelligence Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Signals Intelligence
Literary usage of Signals intelligence
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Military Dictionary (1987)
"SIGINT—See signals intelligence. SIGINT direct service—(DOD) A reporting procedure to provide signals intelligence (SIGINT) to a military commander or other ..."
2. Defending Secrets, Sharing Data: New Locks and Keys for Electronic Information (1993)
"On the other hand, US signals intelligence capabilities would be better protected if control of private sector developments in (cryptography-based) ..."
3. The Electronic Intrusion Threat to National Security and Emergency ...by DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1998)
"Included under SIGINT are communications intelligence (COMINT), electronic intelligence (ELINT), and foreign instrumentation signals intelligence ..."
4. C3I: Issues of Command and Control edited by Thomas P. Coakley (1991)
"The NSA is responsible for collecting, processing, and disseminating signals intelligence (SIGINT) and the information attendant to that. ..."