Definition of Silver-tip
1. Noun. Powerful brownish-yellow bear of the uplands of western North America.
Generic synonyms: Brown Bear, Bruin, Ursus Arctos
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Silver-tip Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Silver-tip
Literary usage of Silver-tip
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Recreation by George O. Shields, American Canoe Association, League of American Sportsmen (1898)
"OLD SILVER TIP. How things one has read about, heard about and talked about will at times flit through one's mind! Now, I have noticed that every new doctor ..."
2. Camp-fires in the Canadian Rockies by William Temple Hornaday (1906)
"If you would see the wild and untamed silver- tip, in the high altitudes, go in the spring, for that is the real season for hunting this grand species. ..."
3. Junior High School Literature by William Harris Elson, Christine M. Keck (1919)
"will dispute by the hour as to whether a bear of large, but not extreme, size is a grizzly or a silver-tip. In Oregon the cinnamon bear is a phase of the ..."
4. Annual Report of the Minister of Mines for the Year Ending by British Columbia Dept. of Mines (1898)
"SILVER TIP. The Silver Tip, Alpha and Nancy Selle, Crown grants applied for, lying about half a mile from Davis Bay, and over 700 feet above salt water, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Silver-tip