Definition of Simple fracture
1. Noun. An uncomplicated fracture in which the broken bones to not pierce the skin.
Medical Definition of Simple fracture
1. A fracture in which skin is intact at site of fracture. Synonym: simple fracture. (05 Mar 2000)
Simple Fracture Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Simple Fracture Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Simple Fracture
Literary usage of Simple fracture
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1877)
"Yet if depression occur in a simple fracture, it must be let alone, unless it is evident that the patient will die, and that soon ! ..."
2. A System of Surgery: Pathological, Diagnostic, Therapeutic, and Operative by Samuel David Gross (1882)
"simple fracture without depression : 2. simple fracture with depression : 3. simple fracture with displacement, and compression of the brain : 4. ..."
3. A System of Surgery: Pathological, Diagnostic, Therapeutic, and Operative by Samuel David Gross (1866)
"simple fracture WITH DEPRESSION OF BONE. This form of fracture is not at all uncommon; the integuments are more or less contused, and the patient is usually ..."
4. Journal of the Statistical Society of London by Statistical Society (Great Britain) (1845)
"6 simple fracture of arm. 1 simple fracture of tibia. 1 compound fracture of ankle. 2 simple fracture of finger. —55 Males, 88 Females. ..."