Definition of Sketch map
1. Noun. A map drawn from observation (rather than from exact measurements) and representing the main features of an area.
Sketch Map Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sketch Map Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sketch Map
Literary usage of Sketch map
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1907)
"B. Woosnam, of the British Museum Expedition to Mount Ruwenzori (with Sketch-map, 8 Illustrations, and (with Sketch-map and 6 Illustrations) 60! ..."
2. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain) (1907)
"By Lieut. EJ Headlam, KIM Some Notes on the San Francisco Earthquake. By Jacques W. Redway Survey of India (with 5 Illustrations and Sketch-map) 430 Surveys ..."
3. Index of Economic Material in Documents of the States of the United States by Adelaide Rosalia Hasse (1908)
"3.) Maps : Map of great central valley of Cal. sketch map of Sunset oil ... sketch map showing position of asphaltum Tela* *t sketch map showing ..."
4. Bulletin by Kentucky Geological Survey (1907)
"The accompanying plates show a sketch map of the Memphis mine group, (which presents typical geological condition"), and a cross-section of the same. ..."
5. China: Her History, Diplomacy and Commerce from the Earliest Times to the by Edward Harper Parker (1901)
"Sketch-map to illustrate convergence of all roads upon the Pamir Region ... Sketch-map showing most of the names mentioned in Chinese navigation ..."