Definition of Ski boots
1. Noun. Specialized footwear that are used in skiing to provide a way to attach the skier to skis using ski bindings. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Ski Boots Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ski Boots Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ski Boots
Literary usage of Ski boots
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The South Pole: An Account of the Norwegian Antarctic Expedition in the by Roald Amundsen (1913)
"Ski-boots had long ago been tried on, time after time, sometimes with one, ... Of course it turned out that the ski- boots were on the small side. ..."
2. Proposed Modifications to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the U.S.by DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"Pursuant to the amendment of note l (b), effective January 1, 1996, snowboard boots will be grouped with ski-boots and crosscountry ski footwear under new ..."
3. The Voyage of the 'Discovery' by Robert Falcon Scott (1905)
"In expectation of a stiff and slippery climb, he directed his men to put on the loose leather ski boots which they carried instead of the softer fur boots. ..."
4. The Seventh Continent: A History of the Discovery and Explorations of Antarctica by Helen Saunders Wright (1918)
"However, the Professor, who had put bars of leather on his ski-boots, ... Both Adams and the Professor wore ski-boots during the whole of the ascent. ..."
5. The Heart of the Antarctic: Being the Story of the British Antarctic by Ernest Henry Shackleton, Hugh Robert Mill, Tannatt William Edgeworth David (1909)
"Mawson and I now wore our ski-boots instead of ... As we found the sharp iron spikes of the ski-boots made holes in our waterproof floorcloth we made a ..."
6. Switzerland in Winter: Discursive Information for Visitors by Will Cadby, Carine Cadby (1914)
"The most important part of the ski-ing outfit is the footgear: thick stockings, goats'-hair socks, and ski-boots. The discouragement of many beginners is ..."
7. Importing Into the United States: A Guide for Commercial Importers edited by Barry Leonard (1999)
"... footwear other than ski boots? (Chapter 64 subheading note defines sports footwear.) N. Is it a tennis, basketball, gym, or training shoe or the like? ..."