Definition of Skin doctor
1. Noun. A doctor who specializes in the physiology and pathology of the skin.
Generic synonyms: Medical Specialist, Specialist
Derivative terms: Dermatology
Skin Doctor Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Skin Doctor Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Skin Doctor
Literary usage of Skin doctor
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The British Journal of Homoeopathy edited by John James Drysdale, Robert Ellis Dudgeon, Richard Hughes, John Rutherfurd Russell (1850)
"But a clerical friend told him of some wonderful skin-doctor in London, ... He persisted, however, in his determination to go to this skin- doctor : and in ..."
2. The Lancet-clinic by Mississippi Valley Medical Association, Ohio Valley Medical Association (1906)
"... his genitourinary cases to the GU doctor, his skin cases to the skin doctor, his gynecological cases to the gynecological doctor, his X-ray cases to the ..."
3. All the Year Round by Charles Dickens (1873)
"In the greatest heats, after the most fatiguing runs, touch my skin, doctor, and it is always dry; look at my tongue, and it is streaming with fluid. ..."
4. The Care of the Skin: Some Common Diseases of the Skin and the Simplest by Charles James White (1914)
"DANDRUFF AND BALDNESS One of the commonest reasons which leads a person to consult a skin doctor ..."
5. The Care of the Skin: Some Common Diseases of the Skin and the Simplest by Charles James White (1914)
"DANDRUFF AND BALDNESS One of the commonest reasons which leads a person to consult a skin doctor is trouble with the hair. I wish it were possible for ..."