Definition of Slip ring
1. Noun. Connection consisting of a metal ring on a rotating part of a machine; provides a continuous electrical connection through brushes on stationary contacts.
Definition of Slip ring
1. Noun. A component of an electromechanical device which, in combination with brushes, provides a continuous electrical connection between stationary and rotating conductors ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Slip Ring Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Slip Ring Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Slip Ring
Literary usage of Slip ring
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Armature Winding and Motor Repair: Practical Information and Data Covering by Daniel Harvey Braymer (1920)
"OVERHAULING A 26-HORSEPOWER SLIP-RING MOTOR A machine like a bull-dozer in a forging shop, a crane or a dredge is likely to have a motor of the slip-ring ..."
2. Armature Winding and Motor Repair: Practical Information and Data Covering by Daniel Harvey Braymer (1920)
"Parts and external resistance control for a slip ring alternating- current motor. (Figures refer to numbers of paragraphs of text.) 7. ..."
3. Hawkins Electrical Guide: Questions, Answers & Illustrations; a Progressive ...by Nehemiah Hawkins by Nehemiah Hawkins (1914)
"Western Electric wound armature for external resistance, or slip ring induction motor, showing brush rigging, slip rings and bar winding. ..."
4. The Induction Motor and Other Alternating Current Motors: Their Theory and by Bernard Arthur Behrend (1921)
"D. THE REFLECTION INTO THE PRIMARY CIRCUIT OF THE MMF OF THE SECONDARY WITH SLIP-RING AND COMMUTATOR ROTORS At positive and negative slips, ..."
5. Electric Railway Handbook: A Reference Book of Practice Data, Formulas and by Albert Sutton Richey, William Charles Greenough (1915)
"The slip ring should be a wheel of hard copper 8 in. in diameter with a rim ft in. thick, and a width of face sufficient to test the widest brush. ..."
6. Specification and Design of Dynamo-electric Machinery by Miles Walker (1915)
"XXIII. gives the values of the ratios of AC amperes per slip-ring to CC amperes per terminal, assuming an efficiency of 95 per cent. ..."
7. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1887)
"slip ring "A" over this stake, proceed northward with the wire, ... To obtain this, slip ring " В " off the stake, take up the wire by tag " 9," which carry ..."
8. Design of Polyphase Generators and Motors by Henry Metcalf Hobart (1912)
"CHAPTER V SLIP-RING INDUCTION MOTORS PROBABLY considerably over 90 per cent of the total number of induction motors manufactured per annum are nowadays of ..."