Definition of Soar upwards
1. Verb. Rise rapidly. "The dollar soared against the yen"
Generic synonyms: Arise, Come Up, Go Up, Lift, Move Up, Rise, Uprise
Specialized synonyms: Billow, Wallow
Derivative terms: Surge, Zoom, Zoom
Soar Upwards Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Soar Upwards Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Soar Upwards
Literary usage of Soar upwards
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Life Words: Selections from Gospel Addresses of D.L. Moody by Dwight Lyman Moody, G. F. G. Royle (1875)
"So it is in religious awakenings; when new-born souls become alive unto God, they soar upwards and sing with joy. Let no one hastily condemn enthusiasm ..."
2. The Ante-Nicene Fathers: Translations of the Writings of the Fathers Down to by Alexander Roberts, James Donaldson, Arthur Cleveland Coxe (1886)
"The more gross portion, however, still continues in the seed ; and inasmuch as it is a certain imitative nature, it was not able to soar upwards, for it was ..."
3. The Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Magazine by Edward Hungerford Goddard, Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society (1862)
"... down it will come like a stone to the earth, and away amongst the corn to its nest ; but only to soar upwards again presently, singing more merrily than ..."
4. The Animal Kingdom Arranged in Conformity with Its Organization by Georges Cuvier, Edward Griffith, Charles Hamilton Smith, Edward Pidgeon, John Edward Gray, George Robert Gray (1829)
"... in the first instance, or their cage covered with cloth; for they are very wild, and may kill themselves in attempting to soar upwards. ..."
5. Julian the Emperor: Containing Gregory Nazianzen's Two Invectives and by Gregory, Libanius, Julian (1888)
"... that fishes from their habit of sinking to the bottom, are more of an earthy nature than seeds themselves ; whilst he that desires to soar upwards, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Soar upwards