Definition of Social service
1. Noun. An organized activity to improve the condition of disadvantaged people in society.
Social Service Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Social Service Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Social Service
Literary usage of Social service
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Public Affairs Information Service Bulletin by Public Affairs Information Service (1920)
"Jewish social service 10:173-6 F '20 Reports • New York school of social work. ... Proceedings 1918, p 92-5 '19 social service, Medical Function of the ..."
2. The American Year Book: A Record of Events and Progress by Francis Graham Wickware, (, Albert Bushnell Hart, (, Simon Newton Dexter North, William M. Schuyler (1914)
"It has already issued the following social- service bulletins: "The Country ... Roman Catholic social service Activities.—A very considerable amount of work ..."
3. The American Year Book by Simon Newton Dexter North, Francis Graham Wickware, Albert Bushnell Hart (1914)
"according to the secretary, have been: the development of several new denominational social service agencies, and the better general efficiency in the ..."
4. The Social Welfare Forum: Official Proceedings ... Annual Forum by National Conference on Social Welfare, American Social Science Association, Conference of Charities (U.S., Conference of Charities (U.S.), National Conference of Social Work (U.S. (1920)
"THE social service EXCHANGE Aaron M. Lopez, Bureau of Charities, ... The social service exchange as we usually define it today is that agency which by a ..."
5. The Social Welfare Forum: Official Proceedings ... Annual Forum by National Conference on Social Welfare, American Social Science Association, Conference of Charities (U.S., Conference of Charities (U.S.), National Conference of Social Work (U.S. (1920)
"The hand-book would include a summary of the laws which social workers have occasion to use; it would be a social service directory, with a brief ..."
6. The Library, the School and the Child by Ralph Lester Power, John Whitehall Emery (1917)
"social service Library The social service Library, 18 Somerset Street, opposite the Court House, is another of the interesting special libraries of Boston. ..."