Definition of Solar furnace
1. Noun. A concave mirror that concentrates the rays of the sun; can produce high temperatures.
Generic synonyms: Reflector
Group relationships: Solar Thermal System
Solar Furnace Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Solar Furnace Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Solar Furnace
Literary usage of Solar furnace
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Fuel of the Sun by Mattieu Williams (1890)
"THE FEEDING OF THE solar furnace. The solar furnace must be continually stirred and fed with fresh fuel.... 64 State of the Atmosphere of the Sun if his ..."
2. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"0841 NREL High-Flux solar furnace (HFSF) Department of Energy National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), 1617 Cole Blvd., Golden, CO 80401 Contact: Allan ..."
3. The Century by Bim Sherman (1885)
"... as we have said, is warming itself at the great solar furnace, which we have just seen contains an internal source for generating heat enough for ..."
4. The Solar System: A Study of Recent Observations by Charles Lane Poor (1908)
"... and concealing the brightness below; others thought them to be the waste materials from the solar furnace, the burnt-out cinders of an immense fire. ..."