Definition of Soledad pine
1. Noun. Medium-sized five-needled pine of southwestern California having long cylindrical cones.
Generic synonyms: Pine, Pine Tree, True Pine
Soledad Pine Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Soledad Pine Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Soledad Pine
Literary usage of Soledad pine
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report by California State Board of Forestry (1888)
"... soledad pine," for our TORREY PINE, is another misnomer, inasmuch as the trees are found as well in the San Dieguito Canon as in that of Soledad. ..."
2. Check List of the Forest Trees of the United States: Their Names and Ranges by George Bishop Sudworth (1898)
"Finns torreyana Parry. Torrey Pine. RANGE.—Southern California (Soledad River in San Diego County). NAMES IN USE.—soledad pine (Gal.); Del Mar Pine (Gal. ..."
3. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1916)
"soledad pine. Tree, to 40, or occasionally to 60 ft., with spreading and sometimes ascending branches: branchlets greenish or purplish, bloomy, ..."
4. Cyclopedia of American Horticulture: Comprising Suggestions for Cultivation by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Wilhelm Miller (1901)
"soledad pine. Tree, to 40 or occasionally to 60 ft., with spreading and sometimes ascending branches: branchlets greenish or purplish, , bloomy glabrous: ..."
5. The Silva of California by Willis Linn Jepson (1910)
"The Torrey Pine, also called the soledad pine and Lone Pine, is found only on Santa Rosa Island and on the San Diego coast. On the eastern end of Santa Rosa ..."
6. Forest Trees of the Pacific Slope by George Bishop Sudworth (1908)
"... numbers by birds and rodents, liest germination in exposed mineral nil. Reproduction never dense. Torrey Pine; soledad pine. l'inni firn ¡/unii 1'arry. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Soledad pine