Definition of Southeastern united states
1. Noun. The southeastern region of the United States.
Group relationships: East, Eastern United States
Generic synonyms: Geographic Area, Geographic Region, Geographical Area, Geographical Region
Medical Definition of Southeastern united states
1. The geographic area of the southeastern region of the united states in general or when the specific state or states are not included. The states usually included in this region are alabama, arkansas, florida, georgia, louisiana, mississippi, north carolina, south carolina, west virginia, and virginia. (12 Dec 1998)
Southeastern United States Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Southeastern United States Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Southeastern United States
Literary usage of Southeastern united states
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1919)
"... of the southeastern United States, 224. Pilsbry, Henry A. Oyster farms of Delaware Bay, 54. ..."
2. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History by American Museum of Natural History (1921)
"ASCIDIANS OF THE WEST INDIAN REGION AND southeastern united states BY WILLARD G. VAN NAME The subject of the present monograph is one that has been ..."
3. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences by New York Academy of Sciences (1916)
"land, arid in both cases one is in southeastern United States and the other in ... is found in Cuba, southeastern United States, France, northern Africa, ..."
4. The Reptile Book: A Comprehensive, Popularised Work on the Structure and by Raymond Lee Ditmars (1907)
"southeastern united states. Genus Crocodilus. Head narrow and pointed at the snout. Olive, with blackish markings. AMERICAN CROCODILE, C. americanus. ..."