Definition of Space platform
1. Noun. A manned artificial satellite in a fixed orbit designed for scientific research.
Specialized synonyms: Salyut, Skylab
Generic synonyms: Artificial Satellite, Orbiter, Satellite
Space Platform Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Space Platform Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Space Platform
Literary usage of Space platform
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Ohio Circuit Court Reports: New Series. Cases Adjudged in the Circuit Courts by Ohio Circuit Courts (1904)
"Early in the evening Nitz was walking along, either on Superior street proper, west of the market space platform, as he claims, or upon the platform itself, ..."
2. Chinese Views of Future Warfare by Michael Pillsbury (1997)
"Because the efficacy of these new-concept weapons depends on the hard-shell support of a space platform, once the space platform is lost their efficacy will ..."
3. Meeting the Needs of People With Disabilities Through Federal Technology edited by Constance A. Morella (2001)
"21 JG Depp, JD Malick, and BW Webbon, Military Applications of a Manned Space Platform, SRI 22 BW Webbon, et al., "Possible Uses of Various Physiological ..."
4. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"... a broad range of structural and materials development activities for advanced aircraft, aerospace vehicles, and space platform and antenna structures. ..."