Definition of Speech therapist
1. Noun. A therapist who treats speech defects and disorders.
Medical Definition of Speech therapist
Speech Therapist Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Speech Therapist Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Speech Therapist
Literary usage of Speech therapist
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Women's Health and Aging Study: Health and Social Characteristics of ...edited by Jack M. Guralnik, Linda P. Fried, Eleanor M. Simonsick, Judith D. Kasper, Mary E. Lafferty edited by Jack M. Guralnik, Linda P. Fried, Eleanor M. Simonsick, Judith D. Kasper, Mary E. Lafferty (1996)
"How many times have you seen an occupational therapist? NUMBER OF TIMES HH11. In the last 6 months, have you seen a speech therapist? ..."
2. Inclusive Education at Work: Students with Disabilities in Mainstream Schools by Oecd (1999)
"There is one NHS speech therapist for one morning per week, working with ... The school has a "care officer" on the staff trained by the speech therapist. ..."
3. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"A teacher, speech therapist, and occupational therapist working together may be needed to determine the best means of communication, to train the person in ..."
4. Death by Default: A Policy of Fatal Neglect in China's State Orphanages by Robin Munro (1996)
"... and she arranged a transfer to the Children's Welfare Institute in October 1988, taking on a position as a speech therapist for deaf children. ..."