2. Noun. (slang) Coffee with espresso. ¹
3. Noun. (baseball) A fastball. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Speedball
1. [v -ED, -ING, -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Speedball Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Speedball
Literary usage of Speedball
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Principles and Practice of Show-card Writing, Prepared in the Extension by Lawrence E. Blair (1922)
"speedball pen was invented. Contrary to the universally used underfeed, it carried all the ink in a simple double reservoir feeder mounted upon its back. ..."
2. Preventing HIV Infection Among Injecting Drug Users in High Risk Countries by Institute of Medicine (U.S.), National Academies Press (U.S. (2007)
"Risk factors (based on univariate analyses) included a history of sexual intercourse with an HIV- seropositive partner, and frequency of speedball injection ..."
3. Drugs, Crime, and the Justice System (1992)
"Cocaine and Heroin Dynamite Goofball speedball Cocaine, Heroin, and LSD Frisco Special Frisco speedball PCP and Marijuana Wac Zoom PCP and Crack Beam Me Up ..."
4. Cocaine Use in America: Epidemmiologic and Clinical Perspectives edited by Nicholas J. Kozel, Edgar H. Adams (1996)
"In fact, the "speedball" is more risky because at high doses both cocaine and the narcotics depress the respiratory center. At present, several cities are ..."
5. Prevention Plus III: Assessing Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Programs at by Jean A. Linney, Abraham Wandersman (1993)
"... H, hard candy, joy powder, scag, smack, speedball (cocaine and heroin injected), white horse, whiz bang Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD): acid, blotter, ..."