2. Verb. (past of splenectomize) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Splenectomized
1. splenectomize [v] - See also: splenectomize
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Splenectomized Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Splenectomized
Literary usage of Splenectomized
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Spleen and Anaemia: Experimental and Clinical Studies by Richard Mills Pearce (1918)
"INFLUENCE OF FEEDING SPLEEN TO splenectomized DOGS This study complements that just described in that spleen in large amounts was fed to splenectomized ..."
2. Report of the Henry Phipps Institute by University of Pennsylvania, Henry Phipps Institute (1915)
"It is of interest that these splenectomized mice, dying after the thirtieth day, show the same formation of nodules in the lungs that is found in the ..."
3. Contributions to Medical Research: Dedicated to Victor Clarence Vaughan by by University of Michigan (1903)
"In 1886 Gibson found, in splenectomized dogs, enlarged mesenteric glands containing both nucleated and non-nucleated red blood-cells in their sinuses. ..."
4. A Text-book of Physiological Chemistry by Olof Hammarsten (1911)
"ASHER and GROSSENBACHER found that the spleen is an organ for the iron metabolism, as they found in a splenectomized dog that the iron elimination was much ..."
5. The Journal of Medical Research (1901)
"It so happens that all of these rabbits were splenectomized for varying periods before receiving injections. We have had no opportunity to make ..."
6. The Journal of Medical Research by American Association of Pathologists and Bacteriologists (1902)
"Laudenbach, in 1895, found that in splenectomized dogs hyperplasia of the ... Ceresole in the same year found in splenectomized rabbits no hyperplasia of ..."