Definition of Split down
1. Noun. A decrease in the number of outstanding shares of a corporation without changing the shareholders' equity.
Generic synonyms: Decrease, Diminution, Reduction, Step-down
Split Down Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Split Down Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Split Down
Literary usage of Split down
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Medical Times and Gazette (1874)
"... pushing and pulling each of its jagged points so as to enable him to determine whether the shaft was or was not split down towards the elbow, ..."
2. Annual Report of the State Horticultural Society of Missouri by Missouri State Horticultural Society (1898)
"... and cut back all the long ones so that the tree will have a round head ; for if you let the long branches grow they will split down when full of fruit. ..."
3. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1887)
"In first forming a tree, if you let three buds come out together and reach out in different ways, when the trees hear heavily they will split down. ..."
4. Annual Report by Ohio State Board of Agriculture (1904)
"I had a half dozen trees split down this year. When they come to heavy bearing if you have a crotch or a tripli crotch they will split down. ..."