2. Verb. (third-person singular of squirt) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Squirts
1. squirt [v] - See also: squirt
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Squirts Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Squirts
Literary usage of Squirts
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Library of Natural History by Richard Lydekker (1901)
"CHAPTER IV THE SEA squirts OR ASCIDIANS—CLASS Tunicata A LEATHERY FIXED SEA ... In the adult condition, writes Mr. Willey, most of the sea squirts "are ..."
2. The Outline of Science: A Plain Story Simply Told by John Arthur Thomson (1922)
"... the Sea-squirts, the Lancelots, the Round- Mouths, the Fishes, the Amphibians, and the Reptiles. From among the last there arose the Higher, ..."
3. Abraham Lincoln: Complete Works, Comprising His Speeches, Letters, State by Abraham Lincoln, John George Nicolay, John Hay (1894)
"Or would you prosecute it in future with elder-stalk squirts charged with rose-water ? Would you deal lighter blows rather than heavier ones? ..."
4. Elements of Dynamic: An Introduction to the Study of Motion and Rest in by William Kingdon Clifford, ( (1878)
"squirts. Suppose that the lines of flow are straight lines diverging from a fixed point, so that the fluid is everywhere streaming away from this point; ..."
5. Abraham Lincoln's Pen and Voice: Being a Complete Compilation of His Letters by Abraham Lincoln (1890)
"Or would you prosecute it in future with elder-stalk squirts, charged with rose-water? Would you deal lighter blows rather than heavier ones ? ..."