Definition of State of bahrain
1. Noun. An island country in the Persian Gulf off the coast of Saudi Arabia; oil revenues funded progressive programs until reserves were exhausted in 1970s.
Group relationships: Arab League
Generic synonyms: Asian Country, Asian Nation
Terms within: Capital Of Bahrain, Manama
Group relationships: Gulf States, Asia
Member holonyms: Bahraini, Bahreini
State Of Bahrain Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: State Of Bahrain Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of State Of Bahrain
Literary usage of State of bahrain
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Routine Abuse, Routine Denial: Civil Rights and the Political Crisis in Bahrain by Human Rights Watch/Middle East (1997)
"140 Article 163 more broadly penalizes "any person who establishes, sets up, organizes or runs in the State of Bahrain without a license issued by the 138 ..."
2. Managing Water for Peace in the Middle East; Alternative Strategies by Masahiro Murakami (1995)
"2.8.1 Background The state of Bahrain consists of 33 islands, islets, and coral reefs in the Arabian Gulf between Saudi Arabia and Qatar, ..."
3. Capital (1888)
"THE State of Bahrain consists of a group of more than 30 islands covering a total land area of 256 square miles. The total population was estimated at ..."
4. Human Rights Watch World Report 1997 by Human Rights Watch (Organization), Human Rights Watch Staff (1996)
"... purpose of discussing the political, social and economic affairs of the State of Bahrain, such that it weakened the financial confidence of the state. ..."
5. Beyond Price: Pearls and Pearl-fishing : Origins to the Age of Discoveries by R. A. Donkin (1998)
"Department of Antiquities and Museums, State of Bahrain. London and New York. 1985. Search Jor the Paradise Land: an introduction to the archaeology of ..."