Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stayaway Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stayaway
Literary usage of Stayaway
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Public Participation in Democratic Governance in South Africa by Gregory F. Houston, Richard Humphries, Ian Liebenberg (2001)
"COSATU called for a three-day stayaway from 6 to 8 June 1988, to show mass opposition ... This was the first national stayaway to be held over three days, ..."
2. Politicians and Apartheid: Trailing in the People's Wake by John Gardner (1997)
"We have no doubt that the call for the stayaway tomorrow, as in the past, is well meaning. It is an attempt to make the government sit up and listen. ..."
3. Spirals of Suffering: Public Violence and Children by Brian Rock (1997)
"Some people who did not support the stayaway had their ears cut off. (p. 34) A military structure of organised resistance developed, which included ..."
4. Black Student Politics, Higher Education & Apartheid: From SASO to SANSCO by Saleem Badat (1999)
"There were student actions in March 1989 during a stayaway to commemorate the anniversary of the Sharpeville massacre. A mass hunger strike by political ..."
5. New Dictionary of South African Biography by E. J. Verwey, Nelson Mandela (1995)
"On 4 November 1957 she assisted in organizing a stayaway, forcing some 300 clothing factories to stay shut for the day. In the 1960s the real wages of ..."