Definition of Steel plant
1. Noun. A factory where steel is made.
Terms within: Bessemer Converter, Blast Furnace, Electric-arc Furnace, Stassano Furnace
Generic synonyms: Factory, Manufactory, Manufacturing Plant, Mill
Specialized synonyms: Rolling Mill
Steel Plant Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Steel Plant Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Steel Plant
Literary usage of Steel plant
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"This is the second steel plant for which we have found increased lung cancer risk in the pouring areas. The causative factors have not yet been identified. ..."
2. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1919)
"IRON AND STEEL steel plant Plant of the Wick-wire Steel Co. (82271 A). Ills. 700 w. ... Consolidation creates a new self-contained steel plant. ..."
3. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1915)
"57866 A. A Sheet Bar and Special steel plant. Bar and billet mills of the ... 58289 C + D. A steel plant in Southern California. An oil-burning open-hearth ..."
4. The National Cyclopaedia of American Biography: Being the History of the by James Terry White (1910)
"... the Brooklyn Academy of Music, the Consolidated Stock and Petroleum Exchange, the Lawyers' Title Insurance and Trust Co., the Milliken steel plant, ..."
5. Directory of Iron and Steel Works of the United States and Canada by American Iron and Steel Association, American Iron and Steel Institute (1892)
"open-hearth steel plant is nearly completed, and 4 open-hearth steel plants are being built, 45 have crucible steel plants, and 1 crucible steel plant is ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Steel plant