Definition of Straight shooter
1. Noun. A frank and honest person.
Straight Shooter Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Straight Shooter Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Straight Shooter
Literary usage of Straight shooter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Great Limbaugh Con: And Other Right-Wing Assaults on Common Sense by Charles M. Kelly (1994)
"Straight-shooter Limbaugh versus the biased liberal news media In terms of honesty, ... Straightshooter ..."
2. Mexican and American Responses to the International Narcotics Threat edited by Jesse Helms (1999)
"Well, I thank God for Thomas Constantino, because you are a straight shooter, and you tell it like it is, and I cannot understand, having just read the ..."
3. A Description of Indian and Oriental Armour: Illustrated from the Collection by Wilbraham Egerton Egerton (1896)
"He called the gun which he used on this occasion ' Durust-audaz,' " straight-shooter."1 Sir Thomas Roe, in his embassy to Jehangir, speaks of the store of ..."
4. Pugilistica: The History of British Boxing Containing Lives of the Most by Henry Downes Miles (1906)
"Broome retreated to wipe away the carmine from his peeper, and as Orme attempted to follow him up, he met him with a straight shooter on the mouth, ..."
5. An Illustrated Handbook of Indian Arms: Being a Classified and Descriptive by Indian Museum, Wilbraham Egerton Egerton (1880)
"He called the gun which he used on this occasion ' Durust-andaz,' " straight-shooter."1 Sir Thomas Roe, in his embassy to Jehangir, speaks of the store of ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Straight shooter