Definition of Straightjackets
1. straightjacket [v] - See also: straightjacket
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Straightjackets Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Straightjackets
Literary usage of Straightjackets
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Modern Capital of Human Rights?: Abuses in the State of Georgia by Human Rights Watch, Human Rights Watch (Organization, Human Rights Watch (Organization) (1996)
"... staff and placed in restraints, including straightjackets or four-point restraints. In some cases, women were stripped and left hog-tied in their cell. ..."
2. Managing Decentralisation: A New Role for Labour Market Policy by Oecd (2003)
"... from bureaucratic and funding straightjackets which seem to prevent suitable and sensitive partnerships and 'joined-up' solutions" (Coles, 2000). ..."
3. Prison Conditions in Romania by Holly Cartner (1992)
"... and straightjackets, as punishment (Chapter II, Article 23). Moreover, as discussed below, the draft outlines prisoner rights and provides specifically ..."
4. All Too Familiar: Sexual Abuse of Women in U.S. State Prisons by Dorothy Q. Thomas (1996)
"... to be suicide risks, were forcibly stripped by male and female staff and placed in restraints, including straightjackets or four-point restraints. ..."
5. After Empire: The Emerging Geopolitics of Central Asia edited by Jed C. Snyder (1997)
"The Soviets placed political straightjackets on them. • ln the oral presentation, drugs were mentioned. lt is important to note that drugs have always been ..."
6. The Healing of "Sam" Leake by William Samuel Leake, Sam Leake (1920)
"... "bug-houses," straightjackets, prisons and lunatic asylums, all I attempt to do is to get in touch, show friendly interest, win confidence and good will ..."
7. Perspectives on Affirmative Action and Its Impact on Asian Pacific Americans edited by Gena A. Lew (1995)
"Statistical "straightjackets" that require the hiring of women or minorities at specific levels are illegal in education and in employment. ..."
8. Proceedings (1895)
"There are no straightjackets, or any other forms of restraint. The doctor assured me that no restraint of any kind is used except that the patients are held ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Straightjackets