Definition of Stroheim
1. Noun. United States film actor (born in Austria) (1885-1957).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stroheim Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stroheim
Literary usage of Stroheim
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The First One Hundred Noted Men and Women of the Screen by Carolyn Lowrey (1920)
"Erich von stroheim was born in Vienna, Austria, September 22, 1885. ... In 1909 Mr. von stroheim came to America and worked at everything from shoveling mud ..."
2. Rose's Notes on the United States Supreme Court Reports (2 Dallas to 241 by Walter Malins Rose, Charles Lawrence Thompson, United States Supreme Court (1918)
"... judgment against parties improperly joined; stroheim v. Deimel, 77 Fed. 805, 23 CCA 467, to compel revocation of discharge of prisoner held under ca. ..."
3. Judicial and Statutory Definitions of Words and Phrases by West Publishing Company (1904)
"stroheim v. Deimel (US) 77 Fed. 802, 806, 23 С. С. A. 467. Legacy. Л will provided that as soon as convenient after testator's decease, all his debts and ..."
4. United States Reports: Cases Adjudged in the Supreme Court by United States Supreme Court (1897)
"stroheim. Seventh Circuit. Denied April 12, 1897. Mr. Hiram T. Gilbert for petitioner. Mr. Levy Mayer opposing. No. 749. CHAPMAN v. UNITED STATES. ..."
5. A Treatise on the Bankruptcy Law of the United States by Harold Remington (1915)
"stroheim v. Perry & Whitney Co., 23 ABR 695, 175 Fed. ... On September 10, 1908, a sister of stroheim held several notes of the debtor. ..."