Definition of Subas
1. suba [n] - See also: suba
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Subas Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Subas
Literary usage of Subas
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Gazetteer of the Central Provinces of India by Charles Grant (1870)
"... uninfluenced by any consideration but that of collecting, by whatever means. " the largest amount possible." One of the last of the subas, ..."
2. The gazetteer of the Central Provinces of India: ed. by C. Grant by Charles Grant (1870)
"... uninfluenced by any consideration but that of collecting, by whatever means, " the largest amount possible." One of the last of the subas, ..."
3. The History of India, as Told by Its Own Historians: The Muhammadan Period by Henry Miers Elliot, John Dowson (1877)
"... the particulars of the will written by their father with his own hand respecting the division of the kingdom, and said, " Of all the six subas of the ..."
4. Biblical Researches in Palestine, and in the Adjacent Regions: A Journal of by Edward Robinson (1874)
"... the laura of subas ; which they manifested by open and violent attacks. They succeeded at length in obtaining possession for a time of this chief laura ..."