2. Noun. Part of a branch. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Subbranch
1. [n -ES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Subbranch Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Subbranch
Literary usage of Subbranch
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Zoölogy, Descriptive and Practical by Buel Preston Colton (1903)
"subbranch VERTEBRATA. The Lowest Vertebrate. — To the beginner it would seem easy to determine whether or not an animal has a backbone, and so to decide ..."
2. Animals: A Text-book of Zoology by David Starr Jordan, Vernon Lyman Kellogg, Harold Heath (1905)
"... bird-spider, trap-door spider, mite, tick, king-crab or horseshoe crab. BRANCH XIII. CHORDATA (chorda, a cord, referring to the notochord) subbranch I. ..."
3. Elements of Comparative Zoology by John Sterling Kingsley (1897)
"... group is divided into three subbranches : subbranch I. ... subbranch II. — SAUROPSIDA (p. 85). ..."
4. Proceedings of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1897)
"A happy mean seems to me to be realized in the following list: — Branch Superfamily subbranch Family Superclass Subfamily Class ..."