Definition of Subconscious mind
1. Noun. Psychic activity just below the level of awareness.
Generic synonyms: Brain, Head, Mind, Nous, Psyche
Derivative terms: Subconscious
Subconscious Mind Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Subconscious Mind Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Subconscious Mind
Literary usage of Subconscious mind
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Education by Project Innovation (Organization) (1920)
"The Training of the subconscious mind in the Schoolroom PEARL TYER, BOISE, IDAHO. jje energy an(j wakefulness of educators in cast- ing about for solutions ..."
2. A System of Metaphysics by George Stuart Fullerton (1904)
"CHAPTER XXX subconscious mind WE hear a great deal, at the present day, about subconscious mind, and it is worth our while to delay a little over the ..."
3. The Christian Science Journal by Mary Baker Eddy (1908)
"WILL an appeal, by the afflicted, to the subconscious mind, ... In other words, is the subconscious mind, so called, a healer of disease? ..."
4. Psychology: A Study of Mental Life by Robert Sessions Woodworth (1921)
"THE UNCONSCIOUS, OR, THE subconscious mind Here at last, it may strike the reader, we have come to the core of the whole subject of psychology; ..."
5. The Journal of the American Society for Psychical Research by American Society for Psychical Research (1909)
"But taking the popular conception of the " subconscious mind " as it often really or apparently represents itself I would quite ..."
6. Psychotherapy by Hugo Münsterberg (1909)
"VI THE SUBCONSCIOUS THE story of the subconscious mind can be told in three words: there is none. But it may need many more words to make clear what that ..."
7. The Psychology of Inspiration: An Attempt to Distinguish Religious from by George Lansing Raymond (1908)
"... of Confining Efforts for Reformation of Character to Effects Merely Addressing the Eye or Ear—Influence of Example Upon the subconscious mind. ..."