Definition of Subman
1. a primitive being [n SUBMEN]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Subman Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Subman
Literary usage of Subman
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Hearings Beginning March 9, 1908-April 30, 1908 (1908)
"Q. What things do they disagree with you in about subman:- boats?—A. I do not know. I have not any argument with that. That is their business. ..."
2. The American Journal of Clinical Medicine (1906)
"There was a time when the highest known pleasure of the subman was sense ... He could not step down to the subman so he is lifting the subman up to him. ..."
3. The Law Journal for the Year 1832-1949: Comprising Reports of Cases in the (1849)
"... Bin subman, chief of Bahrein, with the view to strengthen the bonds of friendship existing between me and the British Government, do hereby engage to ..."
4. A Collection of Treaties, Engagements, and Sunnuds, Relating to India and by India Foreign and Political Dept (1865)
"... Bin subman, Chief of Bahrein, with the view to strengthen the bonds of friendship existing between me and the British Government, do hereby engage to ..."
5. The Statutes of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland [1807-1868/69] by Great Britain, George Kettilby Rickards (1849)
"... Bin subman, Chief of Bahrein, ' " with the view to strengthen the Bonds of Friendship existing ' " between me and the British Government, ..."
6. The Living Age by Making of America Project, Eliakim Littell, Robert S. Littell (1922)
"A bondsman may become a superman if he revolts; but he inevitably becomes a subman if he submits. In one aspect, the European War was fought for the liberty ..."
7. The Advance of the English Novel by William Lyon Phelps (1916)
"... with no philosophy except sensuality, knowing exactly what he wants, and without scruples, no Superman, but certainly a dangerous subman; much more apt ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Subman