2. Noun. (sports) A tournament, especially a qualifier, held below the regional level ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Subregional
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Subregional Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Subregional
Literary usage of Subregional
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Burmese Connection: Illegal Drugs and the Making of the Golden Triangle by Ronald D. Renard (1996)
"... United Nations' Concern Leads to subregional Planning Together with concerns over rehabilitation efforts came international concerns over what seemed to ..."
2. New Risks and Opportunities for Food Security: Scenario Analyses for 2015 by Joachim Von Braun (2005)
"Evaluation of subregional and National Programs, Strategies, and Policies Africa remains in crisis ..."
3. Platform for Action and the Beijing Declaration by DIANE Publishing Company, Dept. of Public Information, United Nations (1996)
"B. subregional/regional level 301. The regional commissions of the United Nations and other subre- gional/regional structures should promote and assist the ..."
4. The Ftaa: Some Longer Term Issues by Robert Devlin, Antoni Estevadeordal, Luis Jorge Garay Salamanca (1999)
"We now know that successful subregional integration is never lineal. Hence the collective FTAA process must not unnecessarily aggravate problems in viable ..."