¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Subskill
1. a subordinate skill [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Subskill Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Subskill
Literary usage of Subskill
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Content Area Reading: A Heuristic Approach by Anthony V. Manzo, Ula Casale Manzo (1990)
"It is assumed that if children master each successive reading subskill, they eventually will attain overall reading competency (Gough ..."
2. Teaching Children to Be Literate: A Reflective Approach by Anthony V. Manzo, Ula Casale Manzo (1995)
"Direct instruction, frequent mastery testing, and follow-up reteaching are advocated as the means of promoting subskill mastery that will eventually lead to ..."
3. Literary Disorders: Holistic Diagnosis and Remediation by Ula C. Manzo, Anthony V. Manzo (1993)
"Mastery of each successive reading subskill is the means and the basic formula for achieving reading competency (Gough ..."
4. Vocational Education and Training for Youth: Towards Coherent Policy and by Laurel McFarland, Margaret Vickers (1994)
"... which is decomposed into subskills to be taught one at a time until mastery is obtained, whereupon the next subskill in the hierarchy is taken up. ..."
5. Apprenticeship: Which Way Forward? by OECD Staff, OCDE (1994)
"... on the assumption that, if each subskill has been learned, all the subskills can be put together and the competency will have been acquired; ..."