¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Substate
1. a subdivision of a state [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Substate Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Substate
Literary usage of Substate
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Growing Smart Legislative Guidebook: Model Statutes for Planning and the ...by William Klein, Stuart Meck by William Klein, Stuart Meck (1998)
"6-602 Designation of substate District Organization (1) The governor shall designate a single substate district organization in each substate district. ..."
2. Multiple Employment Training Programs: Overlap Among Programs Raises by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"substate areas and the within-state distribution formula are designated by ... States may administer this program through designated substate grantees at ..."
3. Rural Development: Rural America Faces Many Challenges (1993)
"We represent 250 to 260 regional, substate, multicounty organizations across the ... The substate regional movement represents much of the United States. ..."
4. Medicaid Section 1115 Waivers: Flexible Approach to Approving Demonstrations by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"45.8% Physician gatekeeper substate managed care program under 1915(b) implemented ... 22.7% substate managed care waiver under 1915(b) implemented in 1983. ..."
5. Tobacco Policy Making in California 2001-2003: No Longer Finishing First edited by Jeffrey Archer, Simon Bainbridge (2003)
"OBJECTIVES: To help States, substate planning units and/or local urban governments strengthen the economic development planning capability and formulate and ..."