Definition of Suburban area
1. Noun. A residential district located on the outskirts of a city.
Generic synonyms: Community, Residential Area, Residential District
Specialized synonyms: Addition, Bedroom Community, Faubourg, Stockbroker Belt
Group relationships: Fringe, Outskirt
Specialized synonyms: Wimbledon, Clichy, Clichy-la-garenne, Orly, Sun City
Derivative terms: Suburban
Suburban Area Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Suburban Area Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Suburban Area
Literary usage of Suburban area
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Public Utilities Reports by Henry Clifford Spurr, Ellsworth Nichols, Public Utilities Reports, inc (1920)
"age of the suburban riders, inasmuch as a very large percentage of riders originating in the suburban area are terminated within the single fare area. ..."
2. Sessional Papers by Ontario Legislative Assembly (1919)
"It is quite apparent that a large proportion of this Provincial highway will be considered as a suburban area upon which the Province will pay only 40 per ..."
3. Maintaining Budgetary Discipline: Spending and Revenue Options edited by Sherry Snyder (1999)
"Rural area (open country) D 1 Urban area (city or town) D 2 suburban area (town just outside of a large city) D 3 DB-18. On this most recent occasion when ..."
4. Reports of the Commission Appointed by the Admiralty, the War Office, and by Royal Society of London (1905)
"In like manner in the suburban area the average number of cases per month in ... Urban area 100 to 56 suburban area 100 „ 63 Rural area 100 „ 66 This is not ..."
5. The American Journal of International Law by American Society of International Law (1907)
"The Prince of Lu had heard [through other channels]" of the enemies' invasion of the suburban area [of the Sung capital], and was on the point of sending ..."
6. Crime in the United States (1999): Uniform Crime Reports by Barry Leonard (2001)
"64-67 All suburban area law enforcement agencies submitting complete reports for ... The 1999 suburban area arrest trends represent percentage differences ..."