Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Suffect Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Suffect
Literary usage of Suffect
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Century Dictionary: An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language by William Dwight Whitney (1891)
"Bp. ¡¡all, Honour of Married Clergy, 1. $ 24. suffect ... put into: see suffect, г.] Substituted; put in place of another. [Bare. ..."
2. Cornell Studies in Classical Philology by Cornell University (1901)
"suffect consul under Nero iu year unknown, governor of Moesia in 69, ... suffect consul in year unknown, a friend of Vespasian and of Plutarch. Cf. Suet. ..."
3. Candidates Defeated in Roman Elections: Some Ancient Roman "Also-Rans" by Thomas Robert Shannon Broughton (1991)
"L. Pupius (3) Pupius' candidacy for the suffect praetorship in 184 ended when the ... Cn. Sicinius (8) Sicinius' candidacy for a suffect praetorship in 184 ..."
4. The Roman Triumvirates by Charles Merivale (1887)
"T. STATILIUS TAURUS, suffect. Continuation of the Sicilian war. Octavius and Antonius meet ... Kr fi f C<msu!s "S L. MUNATIUS PLANCUS, suffect. • 3 ••' (. ..."
5. A history of the Romans under the empire by Charles Merivale (1865)
"He was finally appointed consul a second iu870. time, but again suffect, in the year 117. This appointment did not require his presence in Rome, ..."
6. History of Federal Government in Greece and Italy by Edward Augustus Freeman, John Bagnell Bury (1893)
"... only suffect General in 189, he might be re-elected General for the year ... we count the suffect Generalship or not. If it is reckoned as the sixth, ..."