Definition of Sulfates
1. Noun. (plural of sulfate) ¹
2. Verb. (third-person singular of sulfate) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Sulfates
1. sulfate [v] - See also: sulfate
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sulfates Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sulfates
Literary usage of Sulfates
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Sewage by American Public Health Association, American Chemical Society (1917)
"The acidity due to free mineral acids and sulfates of iron and aluminium, expressed in terms of calcium carbonate, is equal to the number of cubic ..."
2. Standard methods for the examination of water and sewage by American Public Health Association, American Chemical Society (1920)
"MINERAL ACIDS AND sulfates -OF IRON AND ALUMINIUM.2"" Procedure.—Modify the method for free mineral acids by titrating the water at boiling temperature in ..."
3. Introduction to the Study of Minerals: A Combined Textbook and Pocket Manual by Austin Flint Rogers (1912)
"sulfates A. Normal Anhydrous sulfates Barite Group ] CELESTITE, ... B. Basic and Hydrous sulfates A large number of sulfate minerals, most of them basic and ..."
4. The University Geological Survey of Kansas by Erasmus Haworth, Kansas Geological Survey (1902)
"The sulfates are of great importance, as has been previously stated in the ... sulfates are useful, as mentioned under magnesium, more from their action as ..."
5. Laboratory Exercises Arranged to Accompany "First Course in Chemistry" by William McPherson, William Edwards Henderson (1915)
"EXERCISE 36 SALTS OF SULFURIC ACID (sulfates) Apparatus. 6 test tubes. Materials. Crystals or small amounts (0.1 g.) of the sulfates available in the ..."
6. Introduction to the Study of Minerals and Rocks by Austin Flint Rogers (1921)
"sulfates A. Normal Anhydrous sulfates BARITE, BaSO., Barite Group Celestite, ... CaSO4 B. Basic and Hydrous sulfates Kainite, Brochantite, Alunite Group ..."
7. Lessons in Qualitative and Volumetric Chemical Analysis: For the Use of by Charles O. Curtman, Friedrich Konrad Beilstein (1894)
"sulfates. The quantity of sulfates varies considerably, according to the mineral ... Sometimes the sulfates are derived from gas lime, more often from ..."