Definition of Surf fishing
1. Noun. Casting (artificial) bait far out into the ocean (up to 200 yards) with the waves breaking around you.
Surf Fishing Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Surf Fishing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Surf Fishing
Literary usage of Surf fishing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Call of the Surf by Van Campen Heilner, Frank Stick (1920)
"THE CALL OF THE SURF CHAPTER I surf fishing GAME and fish are fast disappearing as our remoter sections become settled, as lakes and bayous are drained, ..."
2. Recreation by George O. Shields, American Canoe Association, League of American Sportsmen (1898)
"They run from about May ist until July I5th, although an occasional one is taken, up to September. surf fishing has become quite a popular pastime. ..."
3. Proceedings of the Good Roads Institute, Held at the University of North by University of North Carolina (1793-1962, Good Roads Institute, Chapel Hill, N.C., University of North Carolina (1793-1962), Chapel Hill Good Roads Institute, N.C (1912)
"Whereas to the outside surf fishing as we call it, the time is September ... During the cold winter months while there is no outside surf fishing done, ..."
4. Adventure Guide to the Chesapeake Bay by Barbara Radcliffe Rogers, Stillman Rogers (2000)
"surf fishing on the island is best in spring and fall. Park rangers offer demonstrations of surf fishing several times each week during the summer to give ..."