Definition of Surgical process
1. Noun. A medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body. "He died while undergoing surgery"
Specialized synonyms: Catheterisation, Catheterization, Ablation, Cutting Out, Excision, Extirpation, Amputation, Angioplasty, Arthroplasty, Arthroscopy, Brain Surgery, Castration, Cauterisation, Cauterization, Cautery, Chemosurgery, Craniotomy, Cryosurgery, Curettage, Curettement, Debridement, Decortication, D And C, Dilatation And Curettage, Dilation And Curettage, Electrosurgery, Enterostomy, Enterotomy, Enucleation, Wrong-site Surgery, Evisceration, Exenteration, Eye Operation, Eye Surgery, Fenestration, Gastrectomy, Gastroenterostomy, Gastrostomy, Heart Surgery, Haemorrhoidectomy, Hemorrhoidectomy, Hysterotomy, Implantation, Intestinal Bypass, Jejunostomy, Major Surgery, Microsurgery, Minor Surgery, Myotomy, Myringectomy, Myringoplasty, Myringotomy, Neurosurgery, Orchiopexy, Osteotomy, Ostomy, Palatopharyngoplasty, Ppp, Uppp, Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, Phlebectomy, Photocoagulation, Anaplasty, Plastic Surgery, Reconstructive Surgery, Polypectomy, Resection, Rhinotomy, Rhizotomy, Sex-change Operation, Transsexual Surgery, Purse-string Operation, Shirodkar's Operation, Sterilisation, Sterilization, Strabotomy, Taxis, Tracheostomy, Tracheotomy, Organ Transplant, Transplant, Transplantation, Trephination, Tympanoplasty, Uranoplasty, Vasovasostomy, Vivisection
Terms within: Haemostasia, Haemostasis, Hemostasia, Hemostasis, Incision, Section, Surgical Incision, Suturing
Generic synonyms: Medical Procedure
Category relationships: Surgery
Examples of category: Freeze, Suction, Decorticate, Ablate, Hypophysectomise, Hypophysectomize, Trepan
Derivative terms: Operate, Operative, Surgical
Surgical Process Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Surgical Process Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Surgical Process
Literary usage of Surgical process
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Edinburgh Medical and Surgical Journal (1854)
"... demand of Mr Erichsen if he can adduce a single clear and unequivocal proof that increased vascular action lies at the bottom of anii surgical process. ..."
2. Pennsylvania School Journal by Pennsylvania Dept. of Public Instruction, Pennsylvania State Education Association, Pennsylvania Dept. of Common Schools (1896)
"You can get at the bullet in the human body by a surgical process, and you can often get out oí the mind what is learned mechanically by that surgical ..."
3. Medical Lexicon: A Dictionary of Medical Science : Containing a Concise by Robley Dunglison (1868)
"Procedure,— method of performing any operation, chemical, pharmaceutical, or surgical PROCESS, CUNEIFORM, ..."
4. Medical Lexicon: A Dictionary of Medical Science : Containing a Concise by Robley Dunglison (1848)
"Procedure,—method of performing any operation, chemical, pharmaceutical, or surgical. PROCESS, CUNEIFORM ..."
5. The Medical and Surgical Reporter (1896)
"... surgical process than for the care of varicose veins in other parts of the bod}'. Any operative procedure that destroys or interrupts the anastomosis of ..."
6. Medical Lexicon: A Dictionary of Medical Science ... with French and Other by Robley Dunglison (1860)
"method of performing any operation, chemical, pharmaceutical, or surgical. PROCESS, Apophysis, Processus. ..."