Definition of Tawts
1. tawt [v] - See also: tawt
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tawts Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tawts
Literary usage of Tawts
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The 'Choephori' of Aeschylus by Aeschylus, Arthur Woollgar Verrall (1893)
"Conington alleges (i) the language used by Orestes in v. 928 i; карта /taWts oi5£ ..."
2. Transactions of the Royal Society of Literature of the United Kingdom by Royal Society of Literature (Great Britain) (1863)
"On the other hand, if the true pronunciation is zamat, it may have been a kind of jasper stone, which is called in Heb. rE;!?\ Gr. taWtS-: but in Arabic, ..."
3. English Mechanic and World of Science: With which are Incorporated "the (1878)
"I should like to know if this instrument has been n««d as a means of communication between tawts and firing points in rifle shooting, and, if so, ..."
4. The Philosophy of Zoology: Or, A General View of the Structure, Functions by John Fleming (1822)
"... last grinders in each jaw, with tubercular or flattened summits. 44. MELES. Badger. A transverse glandular pouch or scent bag, under the tail. M. tawts. ..."
5. Quarterly Journal of the American Unitarian Association by Executive Committee, American Unitarian Association (1857)
"... appearance indicates a keen relish of temporal enjoy- tawts. " We pant for thy service as the hart panteth for the "uter-brooks," said the prayer ..."
6. Grammar of the Greek Language: For the Use of High Schools and Colleges by Raphael Kühner (1872)
"... tawts; which the Eng. translates by means of two sentences, " What is that word, that thou hast spoken ? " The word is already spoken, and the other now ..."
7. Complete Glossary to the Poetry and Prose of Robert Burns: With Upwards of by John Cuthbertson (1886)
"... which means to take out the tawts or entanglements of wool or hair, though I cannot trace the steps by which ea became aw, but neither can I tell how ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Tawts