Definition of Ten dollar bill
1. Noun. A United States bill worth 10 dollars.
Generic synonyms: Bank Bill, Bank Note, Banker's Bill, Banknote, Bill, Federal Reserve Note, Government Note, Greenback, Note
Ten Dollar Bill Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ten Dollar Bill Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ten Dollar Bill
Literary usage of Ten dollar bill
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents for Pleading and Practice at Common by William Henry Michael, William Mack, Howard Pervear Nash, Thomas Edward O'Brien, James Cockcroft (1900)
"A ten-dollar bill, of the currency of the country, commonly called paper money, of the value of ten dollars." State v. Evans, 15 Rich. L. (S. Car.) 31. ..."
2. My Life by Hiram Stevens Maxim (1915)
"The man of the envelopes took out one, showed the ten-dollar bill, and put the envelope carefully back into the box, leaving it projecting about an eighth ..."
3. Arithmetic Upon the Inductive Method of Instruction: Being a Sequel to by Warren Colburn (1853)
"This may be paid with I ten-dollar bill and 8 one-dollar bills; putting this 2 of the hundred-dollar bills, 7 ten-dollar bills, and 8 one- dollar bills, ..."
4. Fifty Contemporary One-act Plays by Frank Shay, Pierre Loving (1920)
"\A ten-dollar bill]—Seventeen . . . [Another ten-dollar bill] ... [The last ten-dollar bill]— Thirty- seven. Ii/i VSK v. Thirty-seven dollars in all — the ..."