Definition of Tenth part
1. Noun. A tenth part; one part in ten equal parts.
Tenth Part Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tenth Part Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tenth Part
Literary usage of Tenth part
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"To procure the means necessary for this colossal undertaking, the pope and the cardinals were to contribute the tenth part, and all other ecclesiastics the ..."
2. The Works of Thomas Goodwin, D.D. by Thomas Goodwin (1861)
"That whereas through a forced consent and yielding, the Pope's power had again been entertained by that tenth part of the city, f°r the killing the ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1885)
"default of snch payments the amounts due by him for fees or dues shall be a lien on and be deducted from hie said one tenth part. Witness my hand and seal, ..."
4. The History of the French Revolution by Adolphe Thiers, Frederic Shoberl (1866)
"like to know to whom the name ought to belong, whether to the grandpapa or to the children whom he has begotten, not a tenth part of whom he has 3ver ..."