¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Tentorial
Medical Definition of Tentorial
1. Relating to a tentorium. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tentorial Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tentorial
Literary usage of Tentorial
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manual of Practical Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham (1903)
"Gyri and Sulci on the tentorial and Orbital Surfaces of tiie Cerebral Hemispheres. The orbital sulcus (tri-radiate sulcus of Turner) is a compound furrow ..."
2. Edinburgh New Philosophical Journal, Exhibiting a View of the Progressive by Robert Jameson, Sir William Jardine, Henry D Rogers (1862)
"The tentorial aspect of the cerebellum, therefore, is that which is in constant ... In a Chimpanzee, the tentorial surface of the cerebellum was directed ..."
3. Edinburgh New Philosophical Journal (1862)
"In the otter, the cerebrum not merely covered the tentorial aspect of the cerebellum, ... In both these animals the tentorial and occipital surfaces of the ..."
4. The Medical Times and Gazette (1863)
"The angle it forms with the basi-cranial- line is the " tentorial angle. ... In the lower Mammalia the olfactory, tentorial, and occipital angles nearly ..."