¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Terawatt
1. one trillion watts [n -S]
Medical Definition of Terawatt
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Terawatt Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Terawatt
Literary usage of Terawatt
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Preparing for Climate Change: Proceedings, Second North American Conference (1993)
"In aggregate, rising populations would thus increase commercial energy demand in developing countries from 2 terawatt-years per year to 15 terawatt-years ..."
2. Energy Policies of IEA Countries by IEA Staff (2003)
"ISO Transmission System Operator. TWh terawatt-hour = one terawatt x one hour. UNFCCC United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. ..."
3. Energy Policies of IEA Countries by International Energy Agency (1998)
"... tonne of oil equivalent, defined as 10" kcal. third party access total primary energy supply. terawatt.or 1 watt x 1012. terawatt x one hour, ..."
4. Things That Go Blip in the Night: Standby Power and How to Limit It by International Energy Agency (2001)
"... or l watt xl O6 NOVEM The Netherlands Agency for Energy and the Environment PSD power supply unit TW terawatt, or l watt x l012 TWh terawatt x one hour ..."