Alternative terms for "The trapezium"
The Trapezium Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: The Trapezium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of The Trapezium
Literary usage of The trapezium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1901)
"Bones of the Lower Row. TRAPEZIUM (Fig. 110). the trapezium ... and is bounded externally by a prominent ridge, the oblique ridge of the trapezium. ..."
2. Quain's Elements of Anatomy by Jones Quain, Allen Thomson, George Dancer Thane (1882)
"the trapezium is the most external of the second row of carpal bones. ... The trapezoid bone is considerably smaller than the trapezium. ..."
3. A New and Complete System of Arithmetick: Composed for the Use of the by Nicolas Pike, Chester Dewey (1832)
"Draw a diagonal line from one of the angles to the opposite angle, as AC, and then will the trapezium be divided into two triangles, of which the diagonal ..."
4. Anatomy, Descriptive and Applied by Henry Gray (1910)
"The second metacarpal bone receives two fasciculi—one from the trapezium, the other from the trapezoid; the third metacarpal receives two—one from the ..."
5. An Introduction to Mensuration and Practical Geometry by John Bonnycastle, James Ryan (1848)
"Required the area of the trapezium BAED, whose diagonal BE is 84, the perpendicular AC 21, ... If the trapezium can be inscribed in a circle ; that is, ..."