Definition of Thelitis
1. inflammation of the nipple [n -TISES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Thelitis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Thelitis
Literary usage of Thelitis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Text-book of Pathology by Alfred Stengel, Herbert Fox (1915)
"thelitis, inflammation of the nipple, is common in nursing women when they are at ... The inflammation of the mamma following thelitis is usually catarrhal, ..."
2. The Breast: Its Anomalies, Its Diseases, and Their Treatment by John Blair Deaver, Joseph McFarland, Leon Herman (1917)
"With the loss of the nipple, the ability to nurse an infant is set aside. III. INFLAMMATION OF THE NIPPLES—thelitis As even mild grades of ..."
3. The history of the decline and fall of the Roman empire by Edward Gibbon (1837)
"They declared themselves MONO- thelitis (asserters of the unity of will), but they treated the words as new, the questions as superfluous ; and recommended ..."
4. A Pocket medical dictionary: Giving the Pronunciation and Definition of the ...by George Milbry Gould by George Milbry Gould (1920)
"thelitis, the-li'-tis. Inflammation of the nipples. Thulium, iM-le-um. 1. A papilla. 2. A layer of cells. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Thelitis