Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Thyreoid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Thyreoid
Literary usage of Thyreoid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Laboratory manual and text-book of embryology by Charles William Prentiss (1917)
"2) and Verdun, it takes no part in forming thyreoid tissue, but atrophies. ... THE thyreoid GLAND In embryos with five to six primitive segments (1.4 mm. ..."
2. Manual of Practical Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham (1921)
"thyreoid GLAND—TRACHEA—(ESOPHAGUS. After the vessels and nerves of the neck have been studied the dissectors should examine the ..."
3. Cunningham's Manual of Practical Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham, Arthur Robinson (1914)
"Note that the membrane extends from the upper border of the thyreoid cartilage posterior to the body of the hyoid bone to its upper border. ..."
4. Anatomical terminology, with special reference to the (B N A): With Special by Lewellys Franklin Barker (1907)
"... sinus Pulmonary ligament Adipose folds Pleural villi Mediastinal septum Anterior mediastinal cavity Posterior mediastinal cavity thyreoid gland Isthmus ..."
5. Oxford Loose-leaf Surgery by F. F. Burghard, Allen Buckner Kanavel (1919)
"Operations in which more or less of the thyreoid is removed together with its glandular ... that is, one in which the whole thyreoid gland is enlarged, ..."
6. Stöhr's Histology: Arranged Upon an Embroyological Basis by Philipp Stöhr, Frederic Thomas Lewis (1906)
"The third pouch, near where it meets the ectoderm, sends a tubular diverticulum (th) down the neck behind the thyreoid gland; it continues into the thorax, ..."
7. Differential Diagnosis and Treatment of Disease: A Text-book for by Augustus Caillé (1906)
"As a result of faulty internal secretions, we observe various clinical manifestations due to faulty metabolism and catabolism. THE thyreoid GLAND The group ..."