Definition of Tip in
1. Noun. A basketball shot made by tapping the rebounding ball back into the basket.
Tip In Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tip In Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tip In
Literary usage of Tip in
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1865)
"than the thorax, flat and broadly separately rounded at the tip in the female ; punctured in both sexes, with the lateral margin acute, ..."
2. Annual Report by Illinois Farmers' Institute (1916)
"... which prepares a chosen twig for the reception of the egg by first cutting a groove around it a few inches from its tip in such a way that the twig ..."
3. The Animal Kingdom Arranged in Conformity with Its Organization by Georges Cuvier, Edward Griffith, Charles Hamilton Smith, Edward Pidgeon, John Edward Gray, George Robert Gray (1829)
"beneath rich yellow ; breast streaked; two outer tail- feathers white on the inner tip; in winter duller and paler. West Indies. M. Maculosa, Gml. Edw. t. ..."
4. The Chronicles of Baltimore: Being a Complete History of "Baltimore Town by John Thomas Scharf (1874)
"Flames would shoot tip in several places at once from buildings in close proximity to the fire, and in a short time there •were eighteen houses on fire on ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Tip in