Definition of Tires
1. Noun. (plural of tire) ¹
2. Verb. (third-person singular of tire) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Tires
1. tire [v] - See also: tire
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tires Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tires
Literary usage of Tires
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report by Ontario Dept. of Highways, Ontario Dept. of Agriculture and Food, Ontario Dept. of Public Works (1897)
"They do not push loose stones before them, tearing up the road, as do narrow tires, bat pass over them, pressing them into the toad. ..."
2. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"The chief division of the rubber industry is the manufacture of tires, the value of its ... The production of automobile tires for the year 1914 numbered ..."
3. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1909)
"89029 A. tires. The Action and Wear of Solid Rubber tires on Industrial Vehicles ... Discusses the advantages of a tire consisting practically of two tires ..."
4. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1913)
"The election ordered was held and carried In favor of the proposed action of the board of supervisors ; and therefore, as to the width of tires prescribed ..."
5. Self-propelled Vehicles: A Practical Treatise on the Theory, Construction by James Edward Homans (1910)
"SOLID RUBBER tires J THEIR THEORY AND CONSTRUCTION. The Question of tires.—All automobiles and cycles, and a large number of horse-drawn vehicles, ..."
6. Self-propelled Vehicles: A Practical Treatise on the Theory, Construction by James Edward Homans (1907)
"The Question of tires.—All automobiles and cycles, and a large number of horse-drawn vehicles, use rubber tires. The object is twofold: 1. ..."